How to obtain a visa for Nepal?
Nepalese tourist visas can be easily obtained at the entry points of Nepal upon arrival. You can obtain a tourist visa at Tribhuwan International airport if you are entering into Nepal via airways. If you are entering via roadways, you can obtain it at different entry points around Nepal.
Note – Nationals of some countries do not get visa on arrival. People from countries like Nigeria, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Palestine, Ghana, etc have to obtain the visa of Nepal from their homeland prior to their arrival in Kathmandu.
What is the eligibility of obtaining a Nepalese visa on arrival?
To obtain a Nepalese tourist visa,
- You must have a passport with at least six months validity
- At least one blank page in your passport for the stamp at immigration
- You are not a citizen of countries like Nigeria Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Palestine, Ghana, etc. For these nationals, they have to obtain a visa from their homeland prior to their arrival in Kathmandu.
What are the documents required?
Following documents are required to obtain a Nepalese tourist visa-
- A valid passport (with at least six-month validity)
- Duly filled application form (the form is easily available at the entry points)
- Passport-sized photo (at least two in number)
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee: You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 125)
What are the entry points through which one can enter into Nepal?
Through airways – Tribhuwan International airport in Kathmandu
Through roadways – various entry points
From eastern Nepal, you can enter via Kakarvitta, Jhapa
From Central Nepal, you can enter via Birjung, Parsa
From Northern Border, you can enter via Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
From the western border, you can enter via Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
From Mid-western border, you can enter via Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
From the Far western border, you can enter via Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi) / Kanchanpur (Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar)